Saturday, 4 June 2016

Catching Up with May


Yet another catch up post- this should be the last one! I just wanted to record on the blog a few other events that went on whilst I was doing the mad three weeks of working two jobs.

- My gymnasts had their first proper four piece competition. It was a ridiculously long day, leaving the house at 6.30am, and not getting back until 10.30pm! The leisure centre was supposed to close at 8pm, and it ran so much overtime that people were packing up equipment around gymnasts still competing which must have been distracting for them. Anyway, I was very proud of my gymnasts and they all had lots to be proud of; from first competitions ever, to first competitions with a new club, to competing new skills for the first time, to performing beautiful floor routines after falling on beam, and just generally having a good competition. It's been fun to get back in the gym and learn new skills at last!

- I think this is going to be a very unintentionally sporty themed post. My adult trampolining class is going well! I've relearned pretty much all my old skills that I had before I broke my ankle and my friend is trying to persuade me to compete again, but I'm not so sure about that. Last session, my coach got me into the rig set up, and had me actually working the skill that I broke my ankle- a crash dive ball out. Scary stuff but I'm pushing through... I didn't realise I had such a determined attitude in me.

- A couple of Saturdays ago, my old dance teacher had a big party to celebrate 35 years of the dance school. I wasn't too sure about going as I hadn't seen or spoken to many of the people there in nearly 5 years, but figured I should at least show my face if I had been attending the school for 15 of those 35 years. It wasn't too bad in the end, and I got to wear my new floral jumpsuit (no pictures though unfortunately). I'm just super thankful that one of the girls there is actually someone who I currently work with at gymnastics so I could spend the evening with her.

-Manchester United won the FA Cup. Louis Van Gaal lost his job. Jose Mourinho is the new manager. Happy days for a United fan :)

So there you go, I think I'm all caught up on everything of importance that happened in May now... Hopefully I'll stay more up to date in June! 

2 comments: