Friday, 19 February 2016

Friday Highlights | Half Term

This week has been half term here in the UK so even though I'm not involved with the education system any more, the week has been a little different.

1) My mum is a teacher and has had the week off so we had a mother-daughter shopping and lunch date. I don't go into the city very often as we have a big shopping centre nearby but I do love getting the train into the city centre and seeing the different atmosphere there.

2) Work has been really quiet this week. Classes have only been half full and some staff have been away because of half term, but it's been lovely to work with the smaller groups and see the children progress.

3) I had a lovely day out with my Grandparents the other day. As they are getting older, they struggle to walk very far but there is a little town nearby where you can park up and walk along the riverside which they love to go to. We stopped at a cafe for cake and a cup of tea and by the time we had got back to the car, they had walked nearly 3000 steps according to the pedometer. It wasn't much but it was nice to go out and make memories with them, and they never fail to make me laugh.
The flood defences have been up after lots of rain recently.

4) The weather has been so bright and sunny this week. It's not warm by any means but it makes me happy to wake up to blue skies rather than grey clouds. I've been able to spend a lot of time relaxing in the conservatory now it's warmer which makes a change after a winter of not spending much time in there.

5) I drove home during a lovely sunset yesterday. It makes me so happy that the evenings are starting to get lighter again. Roll on Spring!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend as I get to go to see the family in North Wales for the first time since my Birthday. And getting to see the family means I get to play with my favourite little girl Emily :)

How was your week?

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day with your grandparents, that's nice you got to spend quality time withe them. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love reading your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh, bright and sunny it was... now it's all grey and raining. But I don't mind, it's still warm enough to enjoy ourselves.

    I think everyone has been having some great sunsets and sunrises the last week or so, judging by the ones I've been seeing on Instragram and blogs. They are some of my favourite things to take the time to watch!

    Sounds like a pretty great week and spent with some pretty great people!

    I hope this week is great for you too!

    ~ K

    www.lifeasunusuals.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love sunsets! It's so pretty to see the colours changing, I just wish they'd last a little longer. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Bright and sunny days are the best! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete