Thursday, 18 February 2016

Throwback Travels | New York 2012


Last year I started on a series of posts that are a throwback to places I've visited. I say I started a series- I only posted one post (Barcelona 2013) but I do intend to post more throwback travel pictures in the future! As you can see, this post is filled with pictures that I took on my trip to New York with my family in August 2012 (we flew out the day after the London Olympics and the airport was filled with Olympians returning home).

From the Empire State Building at night.


This was taken from the plane as we were preparing to land in Newark.

Like any ex-gymnasts do... handstands in Central Park

From the Rockefeller Centre


On the last night, me and my dad took the subway to Brooklyn and walked the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset. We then walked all the way back to our hotel in Times Square and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever felt as tired as I did after that!

We went on the Staten Island ferry to get good views of the city and the Statue of Liberty- the best free ride in New York City! The Freedom Tower was still being built back then so it's cool to see it finished now knowing that we saw it still in the construction process.

Caught in the act with my camera.

With my sister in Central Park. I love this picture because I'm right up on my tiptoes to lessen the height difference :P

We saw two Broadway shows- we got tickets for Bring It On in advance, and my dad managed to get us tickets for Mamma Mia from the booth in Times Square. They were amazing seats right in the middle and we all danced and sang along to the entire production.

So that's some of the highlights of the New York trip! I can't believe it was nearly 4 years ago, and I loved looking back at the pictures and having the memories flood back.

2 comments:

  1. So cool! I would love to go to New York some day!

    Renee | Lose the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's totally worth the visit.

      Delete