Monday, 25 January 2016

Weekending | Card Making and Shopping

On Saturday morning, I dug out my craft stuff from the depths of my bedroom with the task of making a Birthday card for my sister. Her birthday isn't for another few weeks but for once in my life I'm actually organised! She loves cats, so after scouring Pinterest for inspiration, this is what I came up with. Considering I haven't done much card making recently, I'm quite pleased with it.
My sister's birthday card.


In the afternoon, I went into work for a couple of hours. Saturday is usually my day off so I'm working 13 days in a row without a day off at the moment. It's a good job it's just part time hours! When I got home we ordered a Chinese takeaway for tea and I sat down and watched a little bit of NCAA Gymnastics.

I had a nice lie in on Sunday morning then went shopping with my mum to the outlets. I try to limit how many times I go there because I know I always buy myself stuff thanks to the amazing deals and it's not stuff that I actually need! I mean, how many pairs of Nike trainers does a girl really need? Sure I'll use them, but when I have 6 perfectly good pairs already, I have to resist the temptation of a 50% off sale. I did buy a few little things for my sisters birthday present (see, I really am organised) and I bought myself a new coat from Marks and Spencer. It was £69 originally, and was marked down to £34.50. When I took it to the till it was further reduced to £29.99 so I'm pretty pleased with that!

My new coat- the picture doesn't show the colour properly but its a stone grey colour.

The rest of my day wasn't quite as exciting. On the way home we dropped in to see my sister and her boyfriend then got home in time to find that my dad had cooked us lunch. Yay! I had a quiet afternoon then was at work in the evening. I finished the weekend off by watching the Broncos vs Patriots game. I quite like watching the American Football, but can't say I really understand it all. If anyone wants to give me a crash course in the rules before the Superbowl, that'd be great!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment