Thursday, 14 January 2016

New Year Catch Up

This is going to be a mish mash post to get up to date with all the happenings of the New Year so far!



-New Years Eve was lovely. I went out for a meal at lunchtime at a new American Smokehouse restaurant that has just opened nearby for a catch up with an old school friend. It was lovely to see her and I'm determined to see her more than twice this year- even if she is currently living 100 miles away and studying for a PhD. In the evening, my auntie and uncle came to visit and we had a lovely evening together eating Indian food and drinking champagne.

-2nd January was my birthday. I opened my presents the night before, then on my birthday morning me and my dad travelled to Wales to watch a football match. Unfortunately our team lost, but my day was made by getting to spend the evening with my cousins and playing with my favourite little girl, Emily.

-Speaking of my birthday, my mum made my cake this year. I found the idea on pinterest and she did and amazing job putting it altogether.
Birthday cake #1

-I've been back at work for just over a week now and despite quite a few changes, it feels like I was never away. I'm already covered in bruises again from carrying heavy equipment!

- This weekend, we went out for a meal with my grandparents and family to celebrate my birthday, albeit a week late. My mum even made a second birthday cake for me! Which is your favourite?

Birthday cake #2



4 comments:

  1. Aw happy belated birthday!!! Both cakes are adorable! I can't choose which is my favorite.

    Renee | Lose the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Your cake looks phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete