Friday, 22 January 2016

Friday Highlights | Things that made me smile this week

Two weeks in a row doing Friday highlight posts- I'm getting good!

1- We had a bit of snow at the weekend! Enough to stick but not enough to cause too much chaos so it was quite nice. It's the first time this Winter that I've actually had to defrost my car to go out in the morning so I guess I'm quite lucky

2- I live near to a good shopping centre so I rarely go shopping in my local town centre, but this week I did and I was pleasantly surprised. You can tell that the economy has got a bit better because there are actually shops and small businesses on the high street again rather than derelict buildings and charity shops.

3-  A dessert bar has opened recently and we decided to check it out. It didn't disappoint! I couldn't decide what to order so I settled for a half and half waffle- one side white chocolate and raspberry and the other side fruit salad and nutella!

4- As much as Alan Rickman's death definitely isn't a highlight, I really enjoyed the Harry Potter marathon on tv at the weekend, followed by Die Hard.

5- I've tried to be a bit more active this week- a lot more walking when I can and I've been on the exercise bike in the house every day. Hopefully I can keep it up!

What has been your highlight of the week?

4 comments:

  1. Dessert bar - that sounds both heavenly and dangerous haha! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it's very dangerous! I think the waffle I chose was probably one of the healthiest things in there thanks to the fruit! Plus the smell of chocolate when you walk in is so good!

      Delete
  2. You had me at dessert bar, that sounds toooo amazing! I love a good dessert waffle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! I'm definitely going to have to have another visit.

      Delete