Friday, 15 January 2016

Friday Highlights | 5 Things That Made Me Smile This Week

I tried to start this series of posts last year but I never really continued with it. Fingers crossed that second time round it works! Here are 5 things that made me happy this week.

1- My mum is a teacher and I volunteered to go on a school trip with her year 2 year group. We went ice skating with 70 6 and 7 year olds! I'm not sure if we were brave or just silly! Thankfully, all the children enjoyed themselves and returned back to school with nothing more than bruises. The same can't be said for all the teachers, as one ended up in hospital with a broken knee cap. Ouch! I am proud to report that I managed to stay on my feet for the entire time, but I was absolutely exhausted at the end of the day (I had to go and work my usual evening job afterwards).

2- Speaking of my job, no matter what mood I'm in, there is always someone who can put a smile on my face each day (and there's always someone that can make me annoyed). I guess that's what you get when you work with kids! Whether it's achieving a new skill, showing determination to master skills and make corrections, being polite or just saying something funny, my gymnasts can always put a smile on my face and amaze me.

3- I realised I was spending too much time looking at screens so I found out an old jigsaw and completed it on Monday. It was fun to do something different and spend a couple of hours away from the internet and technology.

4- Searching for a holiday! 2015 was the first time since 2000 that I didn't go abroad so I'm desperate to go on a holiday this year. I'm not to sure where we are going to go, so if you have any recommendations for relaxing European holidays in September, let me know! I love the look of Santorini but its so expensive, and I'm currently liking what I see of Madeira.

5- I was brave enough to go on the scales and weigh myself and was delighted to see that I actually lost weight over Christmas! I'm really not sure how as I ate horribly and I did very little exercise. Hopefully I can continue with getting healthier as the exercise bike and cross trainer are back in the house after a temporary stay in the shed to make space for the Christmas Tree.

What made you smile this week?

1 comment:

  1. Aw I love skating!! I haven't done it in so long though! & good for you for losing weight over Christmas!! That's awesome :) One thing that made me smile this week was going to my very first ultrasound!

    Renee | Lose the Road

    ReplyDelete