Wednesday, 20 January 2016

2015 Highlights

I must be one of the few bloggers out there that hasn't done a 2015 in review post yet! So without any further ado, here are a few of my highlights from 2015.

January- The year started off with my 22nd birthday and lots of playing of the infamous Taylor Swift song '22'. I started working with a new competition training group at work which was a new challenge. Also in January we had a baby shower for my cousin Sophie and her little girl.




February- We enjoyed a nice day out for my sisters birthday, and then at the end of the month, Sophie gave birth to Miss Emily 8 days early so I drove over 200 miles on my day off work to go and meet her.

March- In March, I became a 'proper' gymnastics coach as my gymnasts competed in their first external gymnastics competition. Also this month, I went to Liverpool for the weekend to watch the British Gymnastics Championships which was tons of fun. I think I really got bitten by the gymnastics bug that weekend as I now want to travel to as many live gymnastics competitions as possible.

April- April started off with celebrating Easter weekend in Wales with the family. I also started my Level 2 gymnastics coaching course as a way to further my career.


May- May was spent with most weekends at my coaching course, but we did manage a weekend away to Wales for a football event and quality time with Emily while she was still tiny. I also started scrapbooking again, and had my work hours changed quite a lot.


June- June was a relatively quiet month. As the weather got warmer, we spent evenings outside around the fire with a glass of wine, and we went for walks around the local countryside. I also did a 13 hour day coaching at a gymnastics competition that had fun a little overtime and pulled out a minor technological miracle when the cd of the music for floor routines had gone missing!

July- The first weekend of July was spent in Wales for a testimonial event at the football club. At the end of the month I had a couple of days off work so I went up to Wales again for a few relaxing days (usually when we go to Wales, it's for an event of some kind rather than a relax), then the family came to visit our house for my mum's birthday. We also went to Cheshire Oaks for a shopping trip where I grabbed a few bargains.


August- I worked a week of summer camp at work, and pretty much spent my entire month at gym or doing paper work for gym in the lead up to my Level 2 coaching exam. At the end of the month, I passed my coaching exam convincingly which was a huge relief and confidence boost. I attended a really cool Mad Hatters Tea Party for a friends birthday. We spent Bank Holiday weekend in Wales for Emily's Christening.  


September- Back to regular hours at work with the craziness of kids back at school. I wasn't particularly happy this month and didn't do an awful lot, but I put a lot of effort into my blog and committing to it a little more. I did spend a lovely afternoon at the park with my mum though.  


October- October started off with, you guessed it, another trip to Wales for my dad's birthday. At the end of the month, me and my sister embarked on our roadtrip to Glasgow to watch the gymnastics World Championships. Considering I don't like driving and I'm not a confident driver, I was so proud of myself for driving so far. It was a great weekend of action and I'd love to go to another world championships.  


November- I tried to get most of my Christmas shopping done this month, and me and my mum went on our annual Costa Christmas drink date. We had our award evening for work which was a fun night to dress up and relax.   


December- December had two main themes- Christmas, and spending every weekend leading up to Christmas at a gymnastics event of some kind (and looking at the schedule, 2016 is going to be similar). Once I had finished work for Christmas, I managed three trips to Wales over the Christmas/New Year/Birthday period so spent a lot of time playing with Emily, who is at a fabulous age to play with at the moment.

So that's 2015 for me! How was 2015 for you?

2 comments:

  1. Great post lovely! I didn't get a chance to do a 'round up' of the year post but loved reading everyone elses! :-)

    ReplyDelete