Monday, 7 December 2015

Blogmas Day 7 | Advent

When I started thinking about this post, I never actually realised how many different things we've done as a family to mark advent. We aren't a religious family, so I guess for us, Advent is just a countdown to Christmas.

This year I have a Thornton's Snowman and the Snowdog Advent Calendar. It's so pretty, and Thorntons chocolate never let's you down. As I grew up, I never had chocolate advent calendars. My mum would always go out of her way to find advent calendars with just pictures in for us, so that we would understand the idea of Christmas rather than just expecting chocolate every day. I'm not sure if her theory worked, I understood Christmas anyway and it just made me more eager to get a chocolate calendar once I got older!


We have a Yankee Candle advent calendar in the house this year. The box is really festive and fits right in as a Christmas decoration. There are some great smells in there (including my favourite snowflake cookie), and the size of the tealight is perfect for a cozy winter evening.

Advent candles are something that we have every year, but I think that's just because my mum loves candles! At least once a year someone forgets to blow it out so it burns down to a couple of days ahead. This year, ours had already burned about 3 days ahead. Whoops!

Another Advent tradition that we have is a little Christmas tree ornament at my nans house, and each day you add a decoration to it. Even now me and my sister are older, my nan continues to use the Christmas tree.

What do you do to celebrate advent?



No comments:

Post a Comment