Thursday, 3 December 2015

Blogmas Day 3 | Snowflake Cupcakes

This week I made some snowflake cupcakes. We had a lot of over ripe bananas in the house again, so I used the same recipe that I used for the banana chocolate chip cupcakes that I have used before, but I used a slightly smaller portion size because last time I ended up with far too much mixture!


They ended up pretty well! I was quite impressed with how the icing ended up, as I'm never very successful with managing to pipe buttercream icing. I actually used a disposable piping bag from Tesco this time rather than our reusuable one which I rarely get good results from.



It was also my first time using the snowflake cutter and working with the royal icing, and I'm pretty happy with the outcome!


5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! They turned out so cute!! Love the snowflakes :)

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm quite proud of the snowflakes

      Delete
  2. Found your blog on the Stuff & Things linkup! These are really beautiful cupcakes, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look so good. They came out really cute. Stopping by from Stuff & Things.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete