Monday, 28 December 2015

A Very Merry Christmas



I always find this week in between Christmas and New Year to be really odd, I never seem to be able to keep track of the days.

I'll pick up from where I last posted. On Christmas Eve, we mostly prepared the house for Christmas Day and waited for the whole family to actually be home together. In the evening, we drove around the more affluent areas in the town to look at the Christmas lights. I quite enjoyed that and I hope it becomes a tradition. Speaking of tradition, when we got home we watched Die Hard together as a family; something we have done on Christmas Eve for the last couple of years.

Preparing the Dining Room on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day followed the same order as every other Christmas for us. I was woken by my sister jumping on top of me- she's 19 but is still a kid at heart :P We opened our stockings and gifts from the family altogether, then my grandparents came round as we opened presents from friends. Around this time, we also managed to squeeze in a quick facetime to the extended family in Wales who were having a slightly different Christmas to usual with the addition of a 10 month old baby to the equation this year :)  My dad cooked the Christmas dinner which was yummy as usual, and at least three of us ended up having a post-dinner nap (myself included). After a couple of games of charades and guess that tune, we started to wind down from yet another Christmas Day.

Santa Pancakes- my Christmas morning breakfast.
Boxing Day saw one of my bravest days to date. Since I've been old enough to make my own decisions, I've always avoided the Boxing Day sales. But this year, I joined my mum and sister in a trip into the city centre to brave the sales. At 9am it was pretty quiet but by 10am it was rammed and not the most enjoyable experience. I didn't have much in mind to buy, but I ended up with a few purchases that I'm loving :) I'll do a separate post on those soon.

By the time we had got home with a slightly lighter bank balance, Christmas had caught up with me completely, and I ended up taking two naps that afternoon! Whoops! It's only Christmas once a year right?

6 comments:

  1. Your Christmas sounds lovely!! Those pancakes are adorable :)

    Renee | Lose the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the idea for them on Pinterest :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a beautiful celebration - I love the spread on the table! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! My mum does such a great job picking out beautiful decorations :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! I love riding around nice neighborhoods and looking at Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun thing to do!

      Delete