Monday, 16 November 2015

Weekend Highlights

This weekend was a fairly homey weekend, which was probably a good idea considering I only have one weekend without plans between now and Christmas. Anyways, here are my weekend highlights.

- Friday 13th was a pretty good one at work compared to previous ones- no injuries or freak accidents so all was good! I came home from work feeling quite happy then I turned the TV on and saw what had happened in Paris then my mood quickly changed.

- Me and my dad had planned to go to Wales to watch a football match but my dad had manflu and the weather was terrible so we had a change of plans. Instead, we went out for a family meal at one of our favourite local pubs with my grandparents to belatedly celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary. It was a lovely relaxed afternoon with great company and the food was delicious and filling (I was quite sad that I couldn't finish my Cajun Chicken wrap).


- On Sunday, we went to look at some local Garden Centres to see the Christmassy stuff in there. I found this bauble and knew straight away I had to get it. Growing up, I never found anything with my name on spelt correctly so I was super excited to find this :)

-My mum made some of her homemade leek and potato soup this weekend which made me very happy.


And a quick bonus picture. The local shopping centre is all decked out with Christmas decorations, the majority of which seem to be holly related. I've lived with a Christmas name with a near-Christmas birthday all my life so I may as well embrace it!

4 comments:

  1. Visiting from the weekend! I love anything involving Cajun Chicken, that ornament is really cute! I can imagine that 'Hollie' would be a hard name to find on things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! Yep Hollie is always difficult to find... Lots of 'Holly' stuff but never with the 'ie' at the end! I definitely felt like an excited child for a moment when I found it :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for finding something with your name spelled right on it!! I have never found one myself haha.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine Darcy is difficult to find! It's actually starting to become quite a popular name over here in the UK though r(I actually have a cousin named Darcy).

      Delete