Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Roadtrip Preparation

Very soon, my sister and I will be embarking on an adventure which we have never done before. We are roadtripping to Glasgow together to watch the World Gymnastics Championships at the end of October.

Tickets arrived... (Taken on my ipad so sorry about the quality)
Our tickets are for the Friday afternoon and all day Saturday so we are planning to drive up early on the Friday morning. It's going to be around 5 hours of driving which is going to be very interesting considering the furthest I've ever driven before is just over 100 miles. I think we are planning on two stops on the way up- we don't need to be anywhere until 3pm so we can start early and take it easy, and hopefully get a quick nap before going to the venue.

I have been to Glasgow once before on a trip with my university trampolining team, but unfortunately I didn't see much of the city at all as we were stuck in a sports hall at a competition all weekend. I'm looking forward to being able to see some more of the city this time... we might have a look around on the Sunday morning before we go home or venture into the city for a meal on the Saturday night.

Do you have any tips for a long roadtrip? And if you've been to Glasgow before, are there any must see places?

4 comments:

  1. Snacks, water, and a spirit of adventure are all road trip musts for me.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh great tips thanks! I'm getting excited :)

      Delete
  2. Taking that trip with your sister will be the best!!! I need good music! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking that I'll need to make a roadtrip playlist :)

      Delete