Saturday, 10 October 2015

Photography #58 Lightning


This was a very lucky shot to get! When we were in Florida last summer, I only took my D3100 out on a couple of occassions in the evenings when I knew we weren't going on many rides etc. On this night, we had plans to go out for dinner and then go to Magic Kingdom for the Wishes fireworks show so I took my camera out in hopes of getting some good fireworks photos. 

As we arrived at Sizzler, there was a lightning storm so I got my camera out in hopes of getting a good shot of the lightning bolts. I didn't really have the opportunity to stop and wait patiently for the perfect shot as we were in a rush, but this was actually the first shot I took that night and it happened to be perfectly timed to capture the lightning bolt! I wish the power cables weren't there, but I can't really complain too much about that considering how much of a fluke it was that I managed to capture the lightning!

8 comments:

  1. This is an EXCELLENT photo! How lucky! I don't think I could capture that if I did wait for the perfect moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think I'd be able to get the same shot again if I tried!

      Delete
  2. Woooow! You really caught a nice shot♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww amazing! Well done for capturing a beautiful shot! I remember when I was in disney in Florida and there was always lightning storms. And it was always when we were at Magic Kingdom watching the parade! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the storms in Florida, they are always spectacular and clear up pretty quickly. Magic Kingdom is a good place to be stuck in a storm because there are enough indoor rides to do whilst you wait out the storm :)

      Delete