Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes recently for my dad's birthday and I have to say they are the tastiest cupcakes I've ever made!

For the cupcakes:
1 pot of vanilla yoghurt
2 pots sugar
3 pots self-raising flour
3 eggs
1 pot of oil
3 small bananas
1 pot of chocolate chips.

For the decorations:
200g butter
100g icing sugar
1 bag of large Yorkie buttons
1 tube of writing icing

This recipe made 18 cupcakes- there was a lot of mixture as I used a fairly large yoghurt. You can use whatever size yoghurt you want because it's all in proportion.

1) Heat oven to 180c, and line cupcake tins.
2) Empty the yoghurt in to the mixture. Wash the empty pot out.
3) Fill the pot with sugar and add it to the mixture, then repeat.
4) Add your 3 pots of SR flour then mix the mixture together, slowly adding the eggs and oil (it's quite a runny mixture but turns out ok).
5) Mash bananas together in a small dish then add to the mixture, along with the chocolate chips.
6) Spoon into cupcake cases and bake in oven for 15-18 mins.

Whilst they are cooling, it's time to get started on the icing.
1) Measure out 200g butter, then put it in the mixer for about a minute to soften.
2) Add the icing sugar to the mixture slowly.
3) Fill the piping bag with the buttercream, and once the cupcakes are cool, swirl a small amount on to each cupcake.
4) If you want to write a message on the cakes, it's best to write it on the chocolate button before you put the button on the cake.

Then admire, eat and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about baking something.
    And I have 3 bananas that are overly ripe. I guess I know what I'm gonna bake now!
    Thanks!

    Much love
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having overly ripe bananas was the reason I made these too! They were so tasty :)

      Delete
  2. Wow these cupcakes sound and look so gorgeous! I've never actually used yogurt in my cupcakes before, definitely something interesting to try! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the yoghurt was weird at first but it actually works! The recipe was actually one I was given in a food lesson at school and we've saved it and used it in the family for years now :)

      Delete