I made these cupcakes recently for my dad's birthday and I have to say they are the tastiest cupcakes I've ever made!
For the cupcakes:
1 pot of vanilla yoghurt
2 pots sugar
3 pots self-raising flour
1 pot of oil
3 small bananas
1 pot of chocolate chips.
For the decorations:
100g icing sugar
1 bag of large Yorkie buttons
1 tube of writing icing
This recipe made 18 cupcakes- there was a lot of mixture as I used a fairly large yoghurt. You can use whatever size yoghurt you want because it's all in proportion.
1) Heat oven to 180c, and line cupcake tins.
2) Empty the yoghurt in to the mixture. Wash the empty pot out.
3) Fill the pot with sugar and add it to the mixture, then repeat.
4) Add your 3 pots of SR flour then mix the mixture together, slowly adding the eggs and oil (it's quite a runny mixture but turns out ok).
5) Mash bananas together in a small dish then add to the mixture, along with the chocolate chips.
6) Spoon into cupcake cases and bake in oven for 15-18 mins.
Whilst they are cooling, it's time to get started on the icing.
1) Measure out 200g butter, then put it in the mixer for about a minute to soften.
2) Add the icing sugar to the mixture slowly.
3) Fill the piping bag with the buttercream, and once the cupcakes are cool, swirl a small amount on to each cupcake.
4) If you want to write a message on the cakes, it's best to write it on the chocolate button before you put the button on the cake.
Then admire, eat and enjoy!