Sunday, 11 October 2015

A Successful Family Weekend

As I write this, I'm snuggling up in my onesie after a bubble bath, following a fun-filled weekend.



We travelled over to Wales on Saturday morning to visit the extended family. It was very strange having the whole family travel together, as it's becoming much harder for all of us to all have matching schedules that mean we can just do the journey in one car (usually it may only be 3/4 of us that travel, or my dad will get the train to meet us after work etc).

The 24 hours that we were there were pretty jam-packed. All the girls of the family went shopping whilst my dad and my uncle went to the football. After an hour of shopping, I left the girls and went to watch the football. Our team won 6-0! It was the first time I have seen them win in person since last November and the first time I've ever been to a game where we've lost track of how many we have scored. It was also pretty cool to see my cousin's boyfriend play for the first team. Needless to say, all the fans were pretty content with that result.

After the match we stayed in the clubhouse to watch the Wales vs Australia rugby match. I'm not a huge rugby fan but I've really been getting in to the World Cup this year. Wales lost that match but the match we were really interested in was later that evening; the Wales vs Bosnia football match- Wales just needed one point to qualify to Euro 2016 (their first major championships since 1958 I believe). I've never actually watched a Wales match in Wales so it was quite an experience being one of few girls in the clubhouse watching the match with all the football fans who were all very emotionally invested in the outcome. Long story short, after an emotional rollercoaster, Wales have qualified with one game to go and everyone was extremely happy. I think my uncle fell asleep singing the national anthem under his breath.
The seafront walk on an overcast Autumn morning.

This morning (Sunday) we woke up and went for a 3 mile walk down by the beach. I honestly think I'd live a much healthier lifestyle if I lived near the sea. After that, I went round to my cousin's house and had an hour of quality time with my niece Emily, I can't believe she's 7 months old now, she's growing and learning so much. It's quite clear that she adores her dad and food- I'm not sure which one she likes more! It was also lovely to be able to make her laugh and smile whenever I played with her.

Even with the phone quality picture, she's still pretty cute :)

I love little weekends like this. I always feel refreshed (if not a little tired) and ready to take on the week whenever I come back from being away. It was a lovely balance between family time and football time, and the football results certainly made the weekend very successful :)

How was your weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Awwww she really is a cutie! Here from the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend - I could go for a walk on the beach right now! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love weekends like this and wish I lived closer the the beach!

      Delete
  3. Oh man this sounds like such a nice weekend! Now I'm desperate for my onesie and a bubble bath...but it's only 8AM haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a lovely weekend and the bubble bath and onesie just topped it off!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend spent with faimly!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great weekend♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this is so cute! It sounds like you've had an amazing weekend, congrats to Wales football team aswell! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The football really was an experience. My dad and uncle went to all the home qualifying matches and a couple of the away ones, and were so happy when they qualified that my uncle picked me up and threw me in the air like a child!

      Delete