Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Emily's Christening

We had a lovely day at Emily's Christening recently.  

She was a good girl during the service but was particularly fascinated with the candle.

Charlie gave Em her first taste of a bouncy castle.

We managed to get a few good posed photos until Em got a bit bored and didn't want to pose any longer. 
I wore my dress that I wore for my graduation last year (H&M), with a pink jacket from Dorothy Perkings (£10 in the sale), and matching pink wedge heels from Primark. Fun fact- me and Sara both wore our graduation dresses! 

Sophie made the cake herself and it was amazing- Emily will have some funny stories to learn someday about how that cake ended up being made!

The bouncy castle was a big hit with us older ones too! We had patiently waited all afternoon until it was free from children to have our turn so we made the most of it.

She was such a good girl all day and I'd say her favourite part was probably getting to eat some of her chocolate cake! I was quite jealous of how she got to spend half the day in her pyjamas.

She also loved the balloons and actually fell asleep clutching a balloon!

It was such a good day and so nice to have the whole extended family together, many of whom I hadn't seen since Sophie and Charlie's wedding 3 years ago. It was definitely a day to remember and it couldn't have gone any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment