Monday, 28 September 2015

Autumn is here!

I'm not really a huge fan of Autumn. I always joke that October is the most irrelevant month of the year- it was always when the hard work started in the academic year and the only good thing about it is Halloween and you have to wait the whole month for that! (Plus, my mum was never in to the whole fun Halloween dress up and trick or treating thing so I've never really got that excited for it anyway).


Despite the clear bright blue skies over my town, it's quite clear that Autumn has now arrived.


I've just put away all my thin summer cardigans and got out my thick woollen cardigans and my winter coat.

 The flip flops are away and the ugg boots are out (my feet are already blistered from having to wear proper shoes again).


  The seaside smelling candles are finished with and the 'Wild Fig' yankee candle is placed and ready to go.


I do love all the Autumn colours, especially when they are just establishing themselves next to all the bright colours of summer. My garden was looking super pretty today and I just couldn't resist taking the camera out and capturing some of the colours coming through.






Do you like Autumn? What's your favourite part of the season?

6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! I love Autumn! September is definitely my favorite month. Theres a nice fresh crisp to the air but its still warm out! This is kind of a strange question but how long do yankee candles normally last? I always want to buy one but I just can't bring myself to pay like $30 for one! Unless it lasts quite a while and would be worth the money!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They last quite a while... The large jars typically last us at least a month when they're used daily over the winter months, I believe they are over 100 hours burn time. We usually look for deals on Yankee Candles so rarely pay the full price for them which makes it even more worthwhile :)

      Delete
  2. Yes I love Autumn too, especially the warm and spiced candles and the snugly knitwear! Such pretty photos aswell! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! We had a fall teaser here but now it's back to hot! Looks like it should cool down in the next few days though (fingers crossed)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a pretty warm and sunny September this year compared to usual, I'll be sad to see it go :(

      Delete