Monday, 22 June 2015

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

This song came up on shuffle on my iPod on the way home from work this evening and it got me thinking. What had I done today to make me feel proud?



I always associate this song with sports; it was always played at school sports presentation evenings and it was used in promotions for the London 2012 Olympics. But today, I've managed three non-sport related moments that may not be much to others, but are things that I'm proud of myself for.

1) my iPad wire broke this morning and instead of procrastinating and borrowing someone's until I would eventually get my act together and sort it out, I found the original packaging and discovered it was still under warranty. Within two hours of it breaking, I had been to the shop and had it exchanged for a brand new one.    

2) After I got back from town, I got myself on the exercise bike and cycled 10km. Quite often I'll get on there and not go as far as I plan, or I'll just give myself enough excuses not to go on it in the first place (I'm too tired, it's too warm/cold, I have other stuff to do...). So I was quite proud that I completed the distance I intended to, and did it in around 17 mins 30s which is a good time for me :)

3) I did some of the best maneuvering of my car that I had ever done in my 5 years of driving to get out of the car park at work tonight. I'm not a fan of driving, am horrifically bad at maneuvering (especially anything to do with reversing) and don't like people watching me drive. As I left work tonight, my car was blocked in my the Zumba instructor's car. I couldn't really go in and interrupt her class for her to move her car! There was enough space for me to get out but it was going to be very tight. I had a go and wasn't completely convinced that I could reverse out without hitting her car so I pulled back into my space. Thankfully a colleague was just leaving and was more than happy to direct me out without incident! 

No comments:

Post a Comment