Monday, 25 August 2014

Getting back into the swing of things

We've been home from Florida for almost two weeks now and I've been wanting to blog all about it but quite frankly, I don't know where to begin. It was amazing and I loved every minute. I didn't think I'd taken many pictures this holiday but upon coming home I discovered that I had over 600 photos and 25 minutes worth of video- I guess that's not too bad for 18 days considering I took 1000 photos in 5 days in New York a few years ago. I'll eventually get some photos and general impressions blog posts up.



Since we got back, it took a while to finally get back into the swing of things. Jet lag kicked my butt, despite sleeping on a plane for pretty much the first time ever. I did the first day of my gymnastics coaching course on the Sunday after we got back which was a very long day after an early start. I've been waiting to do the course for so long so it feels great to finally get the ball rolling towards becoming a fully qualified gymnastics coach. I've also been spending lots of time looking for jobs, but this process is becoming more disheartening by the day as each application is rejected or not responded to. The job centre was about as much use as a chocolate fire guard when I went and enquired there- just telling me to sign up to a website and walking off when I told them I already had! Oh well, back to square one.

My little sister was amazing and again proved that she has stolen the entire families brainpower by getting A*AA in her A Levels, and is now going to her first choice university in September.We went out for lunch to celebrate her success, though thanks to jet lag it felt like I was eating a large pizza for breakfast (not that I'm complaning). The next few weeks will be crazy packing her up and dropping her off in her new accommodation. I've already told her when to expect my visits!


Me and my mum made a quick 24 hour visit to the family in Wales this weekend. We had a lovely walk along the beach with an ice cream and the weather was beautiful.  It was the first game of the football season this weekend and since I'm coaching on Saturday mornings this year, I'm not going to be able to get to many games this season so we made the effort to get to the season opener. Unfortunately the beautiful weather from earlier in the day didn't last and even though I was wearing three layers of clothes, I was still cold. It honestly felt like a game in the middle of December, not an August night! Thankfully the team didn't disappoint and a deserved three points were picked up to get us off to a positive start. Let's hope it carries on and we get a little more luck this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment