Tuesday, 3 June 2014

A New Trampoline!

After years of begging, my dad bought us energetic, then 8 and 11 year olds a garden trampoline in the summer of 2004. This trampoline has been used so much over the years; pretty much very social event we've ever had at our house has ended up with people on the trampoline. It also has a multitude of uses- it's the best sunbathing spot in the garden too! Needless to say, we got our money's worth out of it. Sadly, the springs were breaking and rusting, the trampoline had lost it's bounce and was no longer safe to use so dad dismantled it :( The garden looked so empty and not a day went by when a comment was made by either my sister or myself wanting to go on a trampoline.

Fast forward ten years from summer 2004 and there is a new trampoline in the back garden- this time a little smaller but with an added safety net. It took 5 of us half an hour to assemble the trampoline but a lot longer to sort out the safety net. It's so much bouncier! I haven't done much on it yet because my ankle is a little sore at the moment but I've had fun bouncing on my back (back bouncing is also a good ab workout).


Anyways, Sunday was a warmish day by British summer standards so the grandparents came round for a BBQ. Turns out my nan couldn't resist the temptation of the new trampoline! She didn't stand up on it but she loved doing teddy bear rolls with a bit of help! Hard to believe that less than a year ago she was fighting cancer. I can only wish that I'll be that energetic and full of life when I'm 73! 


And a bonus picture, Smudge isn't a huge fan of the new trampoline! 

No comments:

Post a Comment