Saturday, 5 April 2014

Bittersweet

Week 10. Last week before Easter. Week after varsity. AU Ball week. All ways to refer to my last ever week of lectures as an undergraduate student. It's very bittersweet. Happy that the countless hours reading journal articles and writing essays about things I no longer remember are over. But sad that soon everyone will be going separate ways and entering the big wide scary world.
I'll miss this place.
We had committee elections this week so I guess I'm no longer officially club captain. There's been hurdles to overcome over the last year and there's been struggles, but the pride I feel after any accomplishment- small or large, for the club makes it all totally worth it. At first I doubted my ability to be club captain but I've totally loved the experience and I've definitely grown as a person because of it; I have no regrets at all. I feel like I'm leaving the club in a good place- a good league finish, a varsity win, lots raised for charity and dedicated people on next years committee. I can't wait to see where the club goes from here.

I've still got an exam, an essay, an online test and a project to go before I can properly finish. But for some reason, this week has felt different and I've tried to take in every small thing I see on campus. This semester has gone so quickly and has been a whirlwind of emotions; from one of the lowest points I've ever mentally been to some of the proudest moments of my life. If you ask me, uni goes on for 1 semester too long. I was coping ok with the workload and lifestyle at Christmas but now I just feel totally drained and ready to be done with education. It's been a semester of struggles, but I've come out stronger and survived. I think I can take on just about anything now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment