Friday, 21 March 2014

Happy Days


The last 48 hours have easily been the best of the year so far. After about 9 hours of solid work on Wednesday afternoon, at 10 pm my dissertation was finished! I think a bottle of wine was opened at 10.01 pm to celebrate. I finished off the contents page yesterday morning then got it printed out- all 10,416 words of it. It was such a relief to have it all handed in, especially handing it in over 24 hours before the deadline! 

Last night was our unofficial varsity competition. As a club captain, I had been one of the main organisers of the event and I can honestly say that this was the most nervous I've ever been for a competition- not for the competing, just hoping that it all goes to plan and that there would be no drama! After all the ankle drama of the last 3 months, I wanted to be able to compete 1 more time, so I competed in the lower category doing the most simple routines I've ever competed. I got through 2 routines but they weren't the best. But I did get a shiny silver medal! The screw in my ankle now has a 100% medal record in competitions :P



When I wasn't competing, I was a tariff judge, which meant I had to work out the difficulty score of each routine. This was fine until people messed up and were just adding in crazy skills everywhere! When the final scored were tallied up, we won 50-9, taking a clean sweep of the medals in the lower category and getting 1st and 3rd in the higher category. Talk about a proud moment! The adrenaline had kicked in so much I drank Strongbow out of the trophy, even though I haven't drunk cider in about 2 years! It was 10pm by the time we were finished so we left the trophy on the desk in the sports office with a note to say we'd won- it was a nice surprise for them this morning :) I think I was awake until about 2am this morning thanks to the adrenaline rush refusing to calm down.

Happy days.


No comments:

Post a Comment