Sunday, 9 February 2014

24 Hour Bounce

Recently, my trampolining club held a 24 hour bounce. Yep, that's right, 24 hours of non-stop bouncing on a trampoline in the students union, all in aid of two very worthwhile charities. Sounds fun right? Not so much when you only have one working leg.

I'd been at the hospital during the afternoon so missed the start of the bounce but joined in from 7pm all the way through to 1pm the next day. Since I couldn't bounce, my main job was to keep spirits high, keep track of money, update social media and take lots of photo and video. I even managed to get back up to date with the lecture notes I'd missed due to the hospital appointment. Perhaps my proudest moment was making it to 5am without any form of caffeine at all, and I had only had 4 hours sleep the night before. Talk about adrenaline!

To be completely honest, it was absolutely killing me to be near a trampoline and not be able to go on it. In the middle of the night, everyone was starting to lag so I decided to relieve them of their duties for a moment by entertaining them with a cripple bouncing on her back. My boot was strapped as tight as it could go and didn't touch the trampoline at all and I'm pleased to report no extra pain as a result of my fun :) Below is the video I sent to my mum, she wasn't too impressed with my antics.  At the end of the day, we raised over £600 for charity and I went to bed (slept for 15 hours!) with the greatest feeling of pride that I'd ever experienced.
video

No comments:

Post a Comment