Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Frustration

I've had a bad day today. It's no secret to people that know me that I'm struggling more mentally than physically with this injury. The whole experience has been relatively pain free, except for the first 24 hours after I fell and after surgery, but today I've struggled.

Since I've had 3 exams this week, I've moved back into halls at uni so have gone from sitting on the sofa all day to being independent and having to care for myself. My body hurts. My arms are solid, my hips hurt, my back aches, my knees are weak, my elbows keep locking and I'm terrified that I'm going to somehow injure my other ankle. I'm back on the painkillers, but they haven't helped much, and there's only so many body parts I can ice in 1 go!

Icing the 'good' ankle from the extra stress of crutching around.
My head isn't in the right place for doing exams. Well, the exam stress isn't helping the situation and I'm just doing stupid stuff. I tried to shower yesterday, but with the logistics of just getting into the shower, I ended up with my glasses still on. I know that sounds completely stupid, but I've never done that before and its just one of the stupid little things that has got to me recently. I put 2 plastics bags wrapped tightly round my foot to keep my dressings dry but this plan failed and I ended up with my foot in a bag of water, so it was the quickest shower of my life. I also managed to burn my arm in the process of making myself tea yesterday which was another delight to deal with. And the amount of incoherant sentences and spelling mistakes that I've had to change while writing this just shows me that I'm not completely right. All little things, but very uncharacteristic and frustrating/

I've got 1 more exam tomorrow, then freedom. Well, not exactly. Just the small matter of my final semester at uni beginning, and a dissertation to write. And healing and rehabbing a broken ankle. It's gonna be hell and I can't wait for it to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment