Monday, 18 November 2013

Exciting Times

Quite a common sight for 3rd years!
So, it's been over a month since my last post. Semester 1 is definitely in full swing- I'm starting to get bogged down with deadlines and my tea/coffee intake is hitting record levels. I had an in class test for one of my modules a few weeks ago and rocked it, getting 76% which I can't really complain about. Now there's just an essay, technical report, poster and parts of my dissertation to do before Christmas!

Life with the tramps has been fun and I actually think I would be insane if I didn't have the sport and the people involved with it in my life. Training has been progressing much better than I ever expected and I'm actually enjoying training hard! We had our first competition a few weeks ago which was a great success, with the club winning 4 medals in various categories. I was very happy to come 6th in my last competition at my old level, trying out some new skills in competition for the first time and now looking towards competing a new harder level at my next competition with even more new skills!

Being Club Captain continues to be one of the craziest things I've ever agreed to do. There's lots of exciting things in the works, and I will be so proud if we can pull them all off. Though at the moment, I just keep telling myself that I'm completely crazy to even be thinking about organising some of these events at this point of my degree. Thankfully, my co-club captain is amazing and we work really well together, as well as having a very willing coach and committee.This role of club captain has made me step outside of my comfort zone so much, even though I still refuse to make phone calls!

Between all the work, trampolining stuff and trying to get healthy, I've managed to fit in some fun with my flatmates. Last week, we went out for a carvery meal and then went bowling. Guess who was the only player to score over 100 points in any of the games?



No comments:

Post a Comment